SHANNON M. COSTLEY - MEDIATOR & PRINCIPAL
Attorney Shannon Costley founded Intesa Medation Group in response to the emerging popularity of mediation with both lawyers & the public alike as a tool to resolve business and personal conflicts with cost-effective results. As a practicing transactional lawyer, she observed that her clients would certainly benefit from a less-adversarial approach to more quickly resolve contract and operational issues. Many conflicts produced stalemates where little was accomplished except the inevitable and figurative 'black-eyes' for either side. As a full time mediator, Shannon embraces the notion that, in both business and personal matters, people need the ability to air their grievances or concerns in a neutral and non-judgmental setting, and then work productively together to move on to the next step.
Shannon has a first-rate education, a strong business and legal background, and excellent intuitive people skills that serve her well in understanding of the perspectives of the parties at the negotiating table. Her favorite part of serving as a skilled neutral are the handshakes and goodwill that often occur at the end of a productive session.
Shannon has over a decade of multi-discipline legal experience and several more years of corporate business experience. She served as in-house counsel and chief negotiator of real estate matters for a publicly-traded national restaurant chain and a prominent commercial retail developer in California. She also worked on numerous deals both large and small as an associate transactional lawyer at three well-known and highly respected law firms in entertainment and real estate. During her time in these settings she has worked alongside with and negotiated against some of the best lawyers in the industry. Her legal experience extends from entertainment transactions in film and television (contracts and intellectual property) to commercial & residential real estate deals and contracts of all kinds, together with having done highly rewarding work in family and marriage matters, including domestic contract research (pre-nuptial agreements and domestic partnership agreements).
She draws on this diverse background, focused interest, knowledge, and experience to both prepare and execute a plan to get parties to the finish line.
Attorney Shannon Costley has a separate niche law practice devoted exclusively to prenuptial & postnuptial agreements and cohabitation contracts, with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. To contact her for legal services, call 310.780.0207 or 415.693.8136. Email: email@example.com.
- B.A., Economics, Duke University
- Juris Doctor, UCLA School of Law
- Certified Mediator, UC Berkeley Ext. program
- Certified Advanced Training, Family Law
- Attorney, solo practice, Family Law (domestic and marital contracts)
- Member, State Bar of California, since 12/2000
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Southern California Mediation Association
- Member, Association for Dispute Resolution of Northern California
- Former In-House Counsel
- Former associate attorney, extensive transactional legal training at Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker LLP, San Francisco office; Cox Castle & Nicholson LLP, Los Angeles office; and Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Los Angeles office.
- Pre-JD Intern at Kolodny & Anteau, family law, Beverly Hills